- A well defined set of standard device types (objects), both in the control and supervision layers, modeling most of the equipment and needs of continuous processes.
- The relationships between them
- A formalized way of :
- Define the control units of a process (best practises inspired in the ISA-88 standard: Batch processes)
- Programming the specific process logic for those units
UNICOS not only a bunch of devices...
- DEVELOPMENT: Provides the developer with tools to produce rapid control applications. Automatic generation of code.
- COMMISSIONING: Allows early plant commissioning, reducing check tasks to the instruments and electrical level (cabling). Access to devices without SCADA development.
- Provides the operator a standard way to interact all the objects
- Navigation capabilities between panels and trends: WWW browser-like, contextual buttons, pop-up navigation
- Process Alarms and Event list
- Access Control
- DIAGNOSTICS: Tools to diagnose problems (process alarms, Infrastructure: control components,¿)
- MAINTENANCE: Allows optimized code evolution and maintenance by a reduced development team
- Specifications creation
- Instances: data captured by filling EXCEL (XML) worksheets. (Eventually these specifications may be created also automatically (e.g. DB oriented))
- Functional Analysis + Logic specification: Word templates
- Automatic generation (UAB: UNICOS Application Builder)
- Instance generation
- Standard Logic generation
- Manual intervention
- Process logic coded by the control engineer in an standardized way. Some applications may create automatically the logic based on templates.
- Process synoptics: drag & drop